Zenda’s DESIGN TEAM is setting the standard in the Design of Work
Twenty-five years ago, the principals at Zenda led behavioral scientists, architects, graphic designers and industrial designers into the new world of user interface design. Today we are leading professionals from the UI/UX/XD industry into the next frontier.
Zenda is a consulting firm that is driving the next wave of design — designing the event of work within the business enterprise. Clients partner with us to explore, define and solve some of their most interesting operational challenges. This is new territory for design.
Zenda leads change throughout the internal operations of Fortune 500 companies and drives innovation by modeling the event of work - relationships among business processes, technology, data and the human worker. Our clients partner with us to define, explore and solve some of their most interesting operational challenges.
Our Design Researchers and Designers serve as consulting partners to the business and technology leaders of our client organizations and bring to life human centered design. Zenda believes that there are many skilled researchers whose talents are underutilized in setting the Employee Experience standards. They are a powerful force – when given the right opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Senior Design Researcher to become part of Zenda’s core team. We’re looking for a candidate with a strong cognitive /behavioral research background as well as impeccable communication and consulting skills.
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to see inside the most sensitive operational areas of the world’s largest companies, setting a vision and roadmap for the application of research to the unique circumstances of our clients. Zenda Design Researchers set the voice of what research means to our clients, our employees and our community, and working with designers in creating visual explanations of these environments that deliver insights, encourage discovery and reveal opportunities. This is unique, important and impactful work, leading client relationships and reporting to the Chief Design Officer.
SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to quickly learn and understand client business, effectively building professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Develop new and innovative research plans, methods and deliverables
- Contribute creative ideas to further project work and direction of projects, foster a climate where alternative ideas and approaches are encouraged
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with designers in the creation of complex visual models
- Create and deliver comprehensive, compelling presentations and reports
- Demonstrate a flexibility and a professional approach, active listening skills during client and team interactions
- Have excellent time management skills, including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects
- Serve as a mentor less experienced consultants, contributing to the ongoing growth of the Zenda team
- Travel as needed by project engagement.
- Excellent written communication skills (writing sample will be required).
- 3-5+ years’ experience in designing and conducting research and participating in all aspects of qualitatively and quantitatively evaluating specific human contexts and events.
- Command of recognized research techniques, results analysis and findings reporting including field research methods such as interviews, contextual inquiry, heuristic review, usability testing, interactive workshops, etc.
- Experience working in, and leading, multidisciplinary teams including designers and business domain experts / SME’s.
YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters / PhD preferred) in human behavior / social science related field such as Psychology, Cognitive / Behavioral Science, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.
- Salary: $120,000++ per annum, commensurate with experience
- Health, vision and dental benefits package
- Fill out application below